In order to supply this free comparison, booking sites pay us a fee when a user clicks on their specific offer. We do not display any offers (including cheaper offers) that do not meet our minimum fee requirements. Cheaper offers may on occasion be available under "More deals" as we request updated offers from online booking sites when you click that button.Learn how trivago works
Hotels in New Forest (England, United Kingdom)
Hotels in New Forest
Find Incredible Cheap Hotels in New Forest, United Kingdom. Search and Compare the Prices of Accommodation Deals to Find Very Low Rates with trivago
- Comprehensive hotel search for New Forest online
- Find your ideal hotel in New Forest!
- Book at the ideal price!
New Forest - Top Destinations
New Forest – enjoy the beauty of nature, whatever the season
The New Forest in the south east of England has stunning natural scenery made up of heath, forest and pasture lands. A national park since 2005, this beautiful area remains unspoiled as some 90% is owned by the British Crown Estate and is looked after by the Forestry Commission. Ancient legal rights mean that residents on the land – people who are known as commoners, and who own the remaining 10 % of land - can allow their animals into the forest to graze and feed. The continuation of this ancient practice helps keep the forest well-maintained and under control naturally, without much human interference. Perhaps the most famous of the grazing animals found in the New Forest are its eponymous ponies. Visitors can enjoy seeing the wild New Forest ponies, of which there are more than 3,000, roaming free through the forest and across the open pastures.
Events all year round
There are activities to join in with throughout the year in the New Forest. During July, for example, there is an agricultural show lasting three days in Brockenhurst called the New Forest and Hampshire County Show. At this family-friendly event, local farmers proudly display their best farm animals while the judges award prizes to the best looking, and there is a whole host of farm produce on offer too. On a related note, there are weekly markets in the towns throughout the New Forest and a monthly farmers market at Ringwood. For petrol heads, meetings for car enthusiasts take place regularly at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, with events for different makes of vehicle and different types of vehicle. In September runners can take part in the New Forest Marathon, a scenic route across a variety of terrains through the stunning New Forest National Park. If you do want to visit the New Forest for a specific event, make sure you book your hotel in good time before they get booked up in what is a busy and popular part of the UK.
Get out into nature
Walkers and hikers are well catered for by the New Forest as there are more than 140 miles of trails to explore. There are trails suitable for all abilities and ages, so there is sure to be something that will be good for you and your level of fitness. Walkers are able to plan their own route, or alternatively you could follow one of the planned walks. Planned walks are routes laid out to give you the best chance of enjoying the local wildlife as you walk, and they also give you the chance to explore the towns and villages of the area. Some planned walks also conveniently finish at a pub! As well as walking there are other ways you can see the New Forest, including through horse riding and cycling. If you would like to take your own bike you can, as there are hotels who are part of the Cyclists Welcome Scheme, but if you do not there are plenty of places you can hire one. If golf is for you, the golf hotels in the New Forest have golf courses that are surrounded by stunning natural scenery.
Charming local shops
The New Forest offers you the chance to stray away from the high street and buy something different that you may not find at home. There are many small shops throughout the towns across the New Forest that offer their own products, including artisan jewellery, crafts and clothing. For food, visit one of the many farm shops in this rural part of the world where as well as fresh produce you will find products from local suppliers, such as jams and chutneys. There are markets you can visit too to get your hands on fresh local produce. Lymington Charter market – which takes place every Saturday in Lymington – is centuries old, and you are sure to pick up some indulgent treats to take back to your hotel or take home as gifts. Other popular markets in the New Forest area include Hythe Market, which takes place every Tuesday, and New Milton Street Market and Ringwood Town Market, both of which take place on Tuesdays.